Health and safety policy
The health, safety and wellbeing of everyone who works for us is of paramount importance and we are unconditionally committed to preventing incidents and harm. We recognise that achieving excellence in managing health and safety is essential to our overall business success.
Our health and safety policy also apply to all employees and contractors working for, or on behalf of Versatile Utilities Limited. Implementing and maintaining a Health and Safety Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 45001:2018; By adopting our management system, we will:
- Provide and maintain a robust health and safety management system and ensure that everyone is familiar with its requirements with clear understand of their roles and responsibilities in making health and safety part of their daily activities.
- Ensure that everyone has the competence and resources to enable them to implement the H&S management system effectively and carry out their work safely and without risk to their health.
- Continuous improvement of the Health and Safety Management System to enhance Health and Safety performance.
- Maintain a safe place of work, by identifying and effectively managing health and safety hazards and risks within the workplace
- Seek to improve our health and safety performance, through setting health and safety objectives, which are measured and regularly reviewed at Senior Management level. • Gain commitment of our employees to good health and safety practices, by engaging with them and fully consulting on matters affecting their health and safety
- Proactively manage incidents/accidents and ensure that learning is applied and shared to prevent future harm
- Undertake regular structured audits and reviews on our health and safety management system to confirm its continued suitability and to support compliance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice, client and contractual requirements
- Actively engage with our supply chain to help improve our collective health and safety performance. Our policy statement will be reviewed at least annually and updated as necessary due to any significant organisational change or developments in legislation or codes of practice.
Jon Knowles - Managing Director
11th Jan 2023
Next Review Date (on or by): 11 Jan 2024 or within Legislation changes