Equality and Diversity policy
As a Company, we are committed to providing opportunities and a healthy working and physical environment for everyone who works for us and with us. We believe that by developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we operate will help us to deliver a better service.
Our commitment to equality, inclusiveness and diversity underpins our policies, procedures and customer focused practices in our dealings clients, suppliers and stakeholders.
We will not knowingly discriminate either directly or indirectly against any person due to their age, gender, race, colour, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability (physical or mental), religion or belief, working patterns, carer responsibilities, trade union membership or affiliation.
We will not tolerate discrimination, bullying or harassment in the workplace. Breaches of the company policy, or any unfair treatment or unlawful discrimination will be dealt with under the company’s disciplinary procedures and may lead to suspension or dismissal.
We ensure that all our people are aware of this policy as part of induction training.
Our objectives are:
- To maintain a working environment where direct or indirect discrimination, bullying and harassment have no place, supported by a clear and robust grievance procedure.
- To encourage people from diverse backgrounds to join ‘our team’.
- To raise the awareness of our people so that they may be better able to recognise and act against all forms of direct or indirect discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- To ensure that terms and conditions of employment, personnel selection and recruitment, and promotion and advancement procedures do not discriminate against any group or individual either directly or indirectly.
- To help and assist all employees to reach their full potential through training and other opportunities.
- To benchmark our policies and procedures against current ‘best practice’.
- To measure and report on our progress in the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion.
This policy applies to all employees and contractors working for or on behalf of Versatile Utilities Limited.
Jon Knowles - Managing Director
10th Jan 2022
Next Review Date (on or by): 10 Jan 2023 or within Legislation changes