Environmental Policy Statement
Versatile Utilities Limited recognises that in our operations, we inevitably impact the environment and thus are committed to minimising the potentially harmful effects of such operations wherever and whenever possible. To confirm the above commitment, company management has developed a comprehensive policy statement, appropriate to our operations. This policy enables us to set objectives towards sustainable environmental improvement which can be measured and monitored regularly and in turn, contribute to the prevention of pollution and future protection of the environment. All employees are encouraged to understand and implement the objectives of this policy in their day-to-day work through regular discussion, communication, and training.
Versatile Utilities Limited is committed to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment and by means of a programme of continual improvement is committed to:
- Continuous improvement of the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance
- Protection of the environment by managing the aspects and impacts within the business
- Prevention of pollution
- Commitment to fulfill its compliance obligations • Provide a framework for setting environmental objectives
- A policy that is documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees and interested parties
Versatile Utilities Limited will:
- Ensure appropriate resources will continually be made available to ensure the environmental policy is implemented in full
- Discuss environmental issues with all employees, conduct training programmes and encourage best implementation practice by all personnel
- Meet and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation
- Work with our suppliers and sub-contractors to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment.
In addition, Versatile Utilities Limited will seek to reduce the following:
- Consumption of materials in all operations, re-use rather than dispose wherever possible, and to promote recycling and the use of re-cycled materials
- Whenever and wherever practicable the level of pollution and harmful emissions
- Noise, visual and other impacts on the local environment
Regular review and monitoring of environmental performance will be actioned to ensure our environmental objectives and targets as described above are maintained at all times.
Jon Knowles - Managing Director
11th Jan 2023
Next Review Date (on or by): 11 Jan 2024 or within Legislation changes